Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Essential Haircare Range

If you don't already know, I've been using Essential Shampoo for a really long time. I tried switching to other brands in between but I'd always switch back to Essential. It's ridiculous how I got introduced to Essential and I'm showing you guys the reason. Those who're interested, click link (here) and don't laugh! Yeah, they're called E-girls (basically Essential girls). They were sourced on Taiwan's variety show where 4 girls will be chosen to release an EP & yes, the song was about the hair products. Notice how their costumes are in pink and orange. Those were the two colours that were introduced at the very beginning, I believe it's the rich premier (orange) and
nuance airy (pink, that I've been using for years).


And the good news, Essential haircare range has relaunched with new, improved formula and technology. Now, it is available in 4 variants to better suit all hair needs and types:


- Nourishing Breakage Defense (orange) – for weak & damaged hair
- Moisturizing Frizz Free (pink) – for dull & rough hair
- Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) – for flat & limp hair
- Deep Cleansing Care (blue) – for oily scalp & dry ends (new)

Quite a number of people seem to have this mentality that they should switch shampoos after some time in case their hair gets ‘immune’ to the that certain brand of shampoo. I've been using it for the longest time, I guess there's no better time to switch to the NEW Essential! New, improved formula and technology = "different" shampoo right? The New Essential also has Microfine All Smooth Essence which delivers nutrients to repair damaged hair surface from root to tip (conventional technology concentrates mainly at the roots only). With the absence of tangles, water does not get trapped between the tangles and hence it takes a shorter time to blow-dry your hair.I rarely get tangles in my hair, hence I'm unable to comment about this.


Not sure how to choose? Essential has very thoughtfully came up with a "How-to-choose-matrix". Just answer two simple questions. Anyway, I've been sent the moisturizing frizz free (pink), suitable for dull & rough hair. WHY?! My answers to the questions were NO/NO. I have no dry/ damaged ends or oily scalp. Is it supposed to be bad? This is making me doubtful. For those who've combination hair (oily scalp, dry ends), opt for the blue & yellow variants that have optimum combination of Smart Cuticle Care & Sebum Cleansing Technology to target both problems of roots and hair ends, giving you airy light roots and moisturized ends!


The Treatment Tube and Hair Mask were also sent to me for a complete Essential experience. The Treatment Tube works magic on the hair within 30 seconds of application, leaving the hair deeply moisturized and manageable. Perfect for busy days! The Hair Mask can be used for more intensive treatment to treat those dry/damaged ends, leaving hair softer, smoother and more manageable. The pink treatment tube and hair mask are recommended for normal hair because it's comparatively lighter whereas people with very dry/ damaged hair can opt for the orange ones.


I might be a little biased but I really love Essential products. I get comments saying that my hair is smooth although shampoo is the only hair product that I use religiously (I use other products only when I'm in the mood, maybe once every few months. I also have a habit of rinsing my hair with cold water after showering with warm water and I don't tie my hair often! I don't use heat either). Some tips to get smooth hair like mine HAHA but in any case, Essential shampoo is the only product that I can give credit to since I use it everyday. I've friends who just switched to Essential and another friend who tried the treatment tube said it revived her damaged hair! Glad to have the range of new Essential products for me to try out the whole haircare routine :)

Soooo, it's time for you guys to try their products too. Free samples of the light finish volumizing (yellow) is available on Essential's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Essential.SG (direct link HERE)

Essential Shampoo & Conditioner
$4.50 (200ml)/ $11.50 (750ml)
Also, look out for their trial pack going for $5.90 each :)

Do check out my review on the Essential Sleeping Hair Mask and Hair
Serum (here) if you haven't done so! Thank you Essential Sg & Sample Store for pampering my hair!


Till the next, x

No comments:

Post a Comment