Tuesday, July 22, 2014

MIAN (by The Travelling C.O.W.)

Finally got my ramen burger fix after the hype has already died down. 
(Latest hype is llao llao which, obviously, I've yet to try.)
The Travelling C.O.W. (which represents chef on wheel) is a mobile food truck that's not commonly seen in Singapore. This also mean that the location is not fixed. You guys can check out their Facebook to find out more information. Recently, they opened a new outlet "面" at Bukit Merah. Went for a survey near that area on Saturday & since it is only few minutes walk from there, we decided to drop by for lunch.

I was quite shocked when I realised that it's located at a coffee shop instead of a shop on its own. It's not the usual coffee shop you see. They've french cuisine, dessert/ drink stall over there. It's like an atas coffee shop e.g. they even had macarons (selling at $3/$3.50 each, super expensive). Only took one picture of the other stalls because I don't know if it's allowed since I'm not even patronizing them.


We looked for a seat before making our order. It's really irritating because there are so many tables that are reserved. And even more irritating because we took quite a while to look for a seat and those reserved tables are left empty even after we left. They could have served more customers with those seats?! 


Anyway, there's the counter where you make your order & you'll receive that thing (whatever that's called) that beeps & flashes when your food is ready. We waited about 20-30 minutes for our food, really long time but it also means fresher food I suppose.


Ordered Beef Bulgolgi & Chicken Teriyaki ramen burger set. The mains usually come with Pumpkin Miso soup but you can choose to add $1 to top up to salad/ truffle fries.




To be honest, I wasn't very impressed with the ramen burger. And as you can see, the burger is thick & you have to separate it before you can eat (defeats the purpose of a burger). The top ramen was crispy at the side but soft in the middle. But because I've not had anything like this before, I'm not sure if it's meant to be like this? The ramen at the bottom was soggy because of the sauce from the meat though. Truffle fries tasted not bad 'cuz at least we could taste the truffle & it wasn't too strong either. The chicken teriyaki was too bland and the beef bulgolgi, on the other hand, was so sweet (to the extent I couldn't finish it). 

I really regretted not trying their pasta because somebody ordered seafood laksa spaghetti and it smells damn good. And it's like $12 for it, really cheap compared to the burger. I feel that it'd be more worth it. In my opinion, this is just a novelty snack/ food? No harm trying once to find out how it's like but I probably wouldn't order it a second time.


MIAN
Blk 119 Bukit Merah Lane 1
#01-40
Opens Daily (except Monday):
12:00-15:00
18:00-20:00

-

Till the next, x

No comments:

Post a Comment