Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice Eating House

About a few weeks or probably a month ago, I unintentionally saw this article from Straits Times mobile app "Famous Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice in Buona Vista to close in three months", so I went to google about it. Saw quite a number of good reviews about it, of which included ladyironchef''s and ieatishootipost's. Though I'm not exactly a huge fan of duck rice, both braised or roasted, (& probably not anything), I thought I just had to try it before the shop closes down for good. Postponed the trip for quite some time, but I managed to make my way there today despite the soaring PSI of 371. Yes, I braved through the haze just for that one plate of duck rice.

Anyway, the shop is actually located at South Buona Vista Rd, which is very inaccessible in my opinion. Headed down with Mabel today and we had to wait for SBS bus service 200 for at least 20 mins each to get there from Buona Vista station and back! Plus I had to do quite a bit of research before this, e.g. which bus to take/ which stop to alight etc. (Actually you just have to tell the uncle to ask you to alight at the duck rice shop and he will, because I asked "Aft Lor Sarhad" and the uncle went "duck rice shop there ah?" Hahaha)

Wanted to capture a picture of the shop but this driver just had to turn in and parked his car even before I managed to.


The spacious interior of the eating house. There are still seats to the left of this picture!


Mabs instagrammin' her food before eating LOL


How can I lose! Ofc I did the same hahahaha kidz.

Duck rice ($5 per set)- The portion of  braised duck was big, probably twice that of those you find outside. Meat was soft & tender, totally worth the price. Furthermore, it was boneless, suitable for lazy people like me! Even the chilli sauce was different from what others serve.



Tofu ($5) - Ordered this to share. But to be honest, I expected braised tofu instead of this. Nothing special worth mentioning.


Yay to yummy food!


Also, Mabs ordered another bowl of porridge ($0.50 each) because she felt like eating it. I tried it and I personally prefer the porridge to rice. It tasted better because it wasn't too watery/ sticky! Just the right consistency(??) Finished our lunch in approximately an hour (around 2.30pm) , which by then, the crowd has already eased. (Check out the pic at the top, that was taken after our lunch!)

Anyway, the shop will only be opened till this Saturday, 22nd June! Those who are free can make a trip down before Saturday because it's your last chance to try it if you haven't already done so! The quality of food will definitely compensate for the long waiting time for buses/ inaccessibility of the place.


Lim Seng Lee Duck Rice Eating House
38 South Buona Vista Road Singapore
Tel: +65 6475 9908


No comments:

Post a Comment