Saturday, November 14, 2015

About my face

Face. Talking about skin issues, not features.

I never knew my skin was that bad, until I look at the photos I took. During secondary school days, I had pimples on my forehead, none on my cheeks. After I entered JC, the pimples on my forehead cleared but I started getting them on my cheeks and chin. I tried different brands of facial wash but eventually, I simply settled with my body wash, Johnsons pH5.5 to wash my face -_- Sometimes I'd just splash tap water or wipe my face with a wet towel and that's it- my everyday skincare routine.

One fine day (finally?) I couldn't take those scars on my face and decided that I should visit a dermatologist. My first consultation was on January 2014 where I got all the products and also signed up for a student facial package. I was one month away from 21 and the promotion's only valid for students below 21. I went for facial on the same day because there's simply no point in applying many different products if the pores are clogged. The products ($600+ in total) consisted of a cleanser, toner, comedone formula (to soften black and white heads), blemish formula (which I'm not a fan of), cream to lighten dark circles (no use), exfoliating gel, vit-c, hydrator and sunblock. I repeated all steps for night routine, except the sunblock.

Left: May 2011, Right: February 2012

January 2014

 
Left: February 2014, Right: March 2014


March 2014
Results showed within a month, scars cleared/ I was amazed (not kidding). This isn't sponsored because I didn't even mention the clinic's name but it's definitely worth the investment.

My advice: 
  1. Go for facial regularly. It can be anywhere, even an auntie who provides home spa service. 
  2. Go for consultation, get the products. Those can last you for at least 3 months, depending on usage. 
  3. Follow-up consultation, to make sure that everything is okay then slowly, switch to other products. Slowly and one by one so that if anything goes wrong, you know which product is causing the problem.
  4. Continue with the routine using other brands- cleansing, hydrating, brightening, exfoliating etc.
The effect shouldn't be too far off, as long as you do the basics. If you've a product that you swear by, get that product. I don't believe in sticking with the same products or the full range. So yeah, that's all. Clearly my skin isn't as good as it used to be cuz I'm lazy, I don't like washing my face or going for facial, it's so far away from home. My face became oily over this year cuz it's so hot and humid in Singapore. I'm trying to get that complexion but..... age is catching up too sigh.

Moral of the story: 世界上没有丑女人 只有懒女人。越早做保养,就会冻龄在更年轻的时候。

Till the next x

No comments:

Post a Comment