Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Essential CC Oil and Night Care Milk

As you might already know, I'm a big fan of Essential & I've been using their products since 8 years ago. The Samplestore x Essential team has kindly sent me a parcel! (Check out my past reviews on Essential products here: 1 2) This time, I received the newly launched Essential CC Oil and Essential Night Care Milk in the box, together with five stress balls. The five stress balls signify the five common hair stresses caused by external environmental factors or personal habits:


1. Blow-drying: Blow-drying removes moisture from the hair, not just on the surface but also on the inside - leaving hair dry, brittle and susceptible for further damage

2. Combing: Combing through wet hair causes great hair damage as the hair follicle is at is most fragile state. Similarly, combing through dry hair leads to hair knots which makes your hair prone to unnecessary breakage. Even the simplest action that you perform everyday can lead to hair damage!

3. Split Ends: As the hair grows longer, it grows older and the protective hair cuticle is destroyed at the end of the hair. When that happens, the hair splits into two or more parts- simply termed as split ends.

4. Hair Breakage: Heat styling, blow drying, brushing and other seemingly harmless actions like tying or twirling your hair exert excessive stress on your hair, resulting in hair breakage.

5. Dryness: Dry hair can be caused by exposure to sun, air conditioning, wind etc. The hair cuticle that protects the hair is weakened, resulting in the inability to retain moisture within the cuticles of the hair, making the hair dry and rough.


I have relatively good hair (I presume), partly because I haven't done any heat or chemical treatment to my hair before and also, I'm lazy. I don't blow dry, comb, tie nor style my hair, I basically just shampoo my hair. One hair stress that I encounter is dryness, though not to the extent of split ends, since I do not have the habit of conditioning my hair,

Launched in September 2015, the Essential CC Oil (day) and Night Care Milk (night) work hand in hand to tackle the five common problems. The Cuticle Care Oil, called CC Oil in short, works the same way as how CC cream in skincare works. This product contains hair supplement oil similar to the hair's natural oil forming a protective coat around each strand, resulting in beautiful and more manageable hair.


I have tried one brand of hair oil that was unfortunately, extremely greasy to touch. I stoppped using it altogether after that. The Essential CC oil turned out different from my expectation, beyond my expectation. The absorption was fast, left no sticky after feel though the difference on my hair was only slightly visible. I guess it depends on the extent of frizziness of your hair.

The other product in mail, Essential Night Care Milk which protects your hair from 'pillow friction'. Few may know about the  hair damage that tossing and turning could cause. The 'pillow friction' during the tossing and turning results in the misalignment of hair cuticle, more commonly known as frizzy hair. Washing the hair can  'reset' the mane but that means having to wake up early in the morning to do so. Why bother when you can skip that and have your beauty sleep? Just apply the Night Care Milk before going to bed.


Pump an appropriate amount onto palm. Spread and apply evenly onto hair, concentrating on mid-length to tip of hair. Go ahead and plop into your bed! For best results, use on dry hair.


The Night Care Milk smells just the same as their shampoo, slightly floral scented. For this product, the absorption took a longer time compared to the CC oil. Be sure to spread it evenly on your palm. I was too quick to apply it on my hair before spreading it which resulted in lumps (think oily fringe). A little goes a long way, pillow friction is inevitable so start caring for your hair today. Personally I prefer the CC oil which can be applied any time during the day. Fuss-free and I do not have to worry when I forget to apply the Night Care Milk before I sleep.


If you want to win weekly prizes for yourself, play the Essential’s Mane Hero Facebook game. All you have to do is to defeat the Hair Stress Brothers and Pesky Pillow King!

The Essential CC Oil and Essential Night Care Milk retails at $11.90 each.

-

Thank you Samplestore x Essential!

No comments:

Post a Comment