Sunday, July 12, 2015

Thai Boat Noodle

Thai boat noodle also known as 'kuai tiao ruea' originated from Thailand when the country was still connected by canals instead of roads. We had a rare day in the East after an event so Sylvia & I decided to head over to Thai Boat Noodle for lunch. I was attracted to the idea of small portions which means I can try a wider spread.




Everyone needs a cup of cha-yen when you're in a Thai restaurant.



We ordered one of each type of noodles so that we could try everything, then order more of what we like.


We both agree that the tom yum was the best out of the lot (but the second bowl turned out to be way spicier than the first) 


For the beef noodle, I preferred the dry version because of the peanut that added extra fragrance to the noodle but Syl preferred the soup version.



And the least preferred bowl out of the lot, we didn't even finish one bowl.


Cost of each bowl of noodles ranges from $1 to $1.50 which is relatively cheap (but not if you've a huge appetite. Also, it turned out that our side dish + drinks were more expensive than the main. I wouldn't mind having it if I happen to be at the East but I wouldn't travel from West to East just for a meal.

-

Thai Boat Noodle
799 New Upper Changi Road
#02-32/34 Bedok Point
Singapore 467351
Tel: 64453392

No comments:

Post a Comment