Wednesday, December 31, 2014

In a Nutshell 2014

I don't do as much "thought" posts as I used to in 2013. So here comes the longest thought post of the year, reflecting on more significant things that happened in year 2014.

Turning 21 was like achieving a new milestone. I wouldn't say I love being 21 but I had the most birthday celebrations this year and I feel very, very blessed. Those who remember my birthday ♡ Thankful for those messages from whom I don't always keep in contact with & extremely thankful for those who celebrated it with me. I also had my first midnight birthday surprise from Sim at my house this year, though she got the date wrong hahah.

(Birthday celebration with piggies/ Ruiqi's 21st)

My first overseas trip via a plane/ our first trip together happened this year too. I've never had the luxury of time to go overseas in secondary school because of trainings. I never complained about it and in fact, I got so used to staying in Singapore during holidays. This year, I decided that I should step out of my comfort zone. Initially I was reluctant to leave but the Taiwan trip honestly gave me so much fond memories, I'm yearning to return there & continue where I left off. I had my first trip via a ferry as well, to Bintan Tanjung Pinang. It was a more laidback trip, a good experience but nothing like the former.

(Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf)

Days away in foreign places also made me realise how "homey" I am. For the Bintan trip, I texted my mum as soon as I reach Singapore waters. And I spent every night and an afternoon skyping my mum/ family when I was in Taiwan. I would, honestly, bring everybody along with me if I could.

This year, I had my first internship but it wasn't a good learning experience. I wish people were more receptive towards interns. That said, my internship lasted only 3 weeks because I requested to leave early. Wasted the next month away but managed to get a job at ToysRus in August, my first part time job in years. Don't ask me why I don't bother finding during school days. I am a worry freak- afraid that I can't cope for studies and work.

(Timbre to celebrate end of week during internship period)
 

Received my results in August, I am now in my last year in university. Pleased with my performance for two out of the four subjects though I feel undeserving of the results. But nonetheless, hoping that my last year will be as smooth-sailing. And hopefully I can be more disciplined when it comes to work.

Started my blogging journey with Sample Store in June, seeders/ beauty panelist you call. I don't know how to associate myself with beauty either. I don't put in extra effort when it comes to apply make-up because I'm very lazy. But one thing never changes, I believe that having good skin is way more important than merely patting layers and layers of powder. That's why I love skincare more than make-up. My two favourite kind of products have to be exfoliating products & products that contain vit c! If you guys are interested, click on the link (here) to check out all my past adverts. It's not only about skincare though, it's on anything and everything.

(One of the pictures that I took for advert)

Attended two food tasting events this year, thanks to Openrice Singapore. I received a call for a third food tasting but couldn't make it. But these two are more than enough for an experience because it's something new that I've never tried.

(First food tasting at The King Louis)

2014 has been nothing short of amazing. The year may have been a bumpy one but it has been a really fulfilling trip. I've learnt so much in this year. The turning point at the end of the year made me realise some things & I've never been stronger/ better than I am right now. Nothing was ever bad, everything I embarked on was a new experience for me and I enjoyed every single bit of it. I loved with all I had, no regrets even though things didn't turn out well. Hope 2015 will be more than just amazing! I will love harder and be a better person. 



Day 365/365
Chapter closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment